Saturday morning I left the house shortly before 8am so that I could be at the office to help move things down to the main floor offices, only to get a call from my brother at 8:45 that something was wrong with the cats. Apparently there was blood all over the walls and floors, a bloody 'hair ball' outside our bedrooms and they could only find one cat who refused to come out from under the couch.
So I left the office and headed home asap, on the way to the house every terrible thing that could have possibly happened starts running through my head so I call Dan in tears and keep him on the phone as I look through the house. Under the couch I found Jack and things looked fine until he swished his tail and I saw the blood. At that point Dan promised to come over and help.
Once I got him out from under the couch I was able to see the half of his tail was missing its hair and the top layers of skin...basic it looked like a bloody rat's tail...disgusting.
Dan and I managed to get him in the carrier and took him down the street to the Pembina animal hospital, where they told me that I had no option but to amputated half of his tail. So $600 and a few hours later I took Jack home with half a tail and a cone around his neck, which will remain for 10 days til his stitches are able to be removed. Luckily he seems to be doing really well, if not a little annoyed that he can't lick himself and keeps running into things.
How did this happen? None of us no for sure as we never heard him cry in pain when it happened but the vet said that it is common and he probably caught it in one of the doors. Just very weird that we did HEAR it happen.
Very glad that my baby is going to be ok!
2 comments:
oh no, poor jack!!
Let him know I'll be his stubby friend if he needs any advice
jesus carmen how horrible is that, I would be freaking out if that was me:)
Post a Comment