It seems that there isn't a year that goes by that I'm not screwed out of money one way or another by some company. This year is no different and like the rest I'm just as much to blame.
After we returned from Mexico Marcia and I decided not to continue with the U weight loss program as we couldn't justify the high costs of suppliments every month. Since we assumed that the money we paid up front to cover the 'consulting' over the months of the program was nonrefundable we just stopped going.
Alittle over a week ago I received a call from one of the consultants saying that we should come in to cancel, and that we would receive a refund for the weeks we haven't used starting from the day we stopped going. I thought this was too good to be true and had even asked her more then once if she was sure I would get my money back for January - March. She said yes and although I figured that they were just going to try and convince me to stay, getting some money back was worth the visit.
So I went in yesterday after work and met with one of the managers, talked for a bit and explained that I just couldn't continue. Everything is fine until she passes me the cancellation form and I see that my refund is ZERO. When I ask why I'm told that it's only for weeks left in my program from the day I cancel and my program technically ended last week! Are you freaking kidding me!? Regardless of the fact that I told her what her staff told me, she said she couldn't do anything about it and I am not the type of person to make a scene, although I wish I was!
I'm mad at them for lying to me but I'm just as annoyed with myself for not contacting them in January to cancel. What would I have lost if they didn't refund then? Nothing.
Lesson learned: Don't put off cancelling something!
No comments:
Post a Comment