Monday, April 7, 2008

Another exciting excerpt from my life.

My usual weekend update:

- After spending an hour at home resting after work I went over to Dan's for the night and watched Fire in the Sky. A nineties movie about a guy that is abducted by aliens...meh...Dan loved it, I fell asleep during the middle of it. His shoulder is just too comfortable!

- Saturday we woke up early, had breakfast and I decided to be lazy by curling up on the couch and taking a nap while he played Call of Duty 4. At noon I drove my uninsured car carefully home (Davide had some difficulties this weekend insuring it so I'm car less at the moment. Its still not in my name hence the reason I'm depending on him to do it) and spent the afternoon cleaning the house, the most part was spent in my bedroom. My goal is to declutter but at the moment it looks even worse then before since I'm "organizing" things, leave me to sleep on the couch Saturday and Sunday night. At 7, Davide, Marcia and I met up with Dan (as well as Tyler and Melissa) at George's on St Mary's for burgers and fries...so full. Then the four of us went back to Dan's to watch Reservoir Dogs...I fell asleep again! Too comfortable!

- Sunday morning I had a staff meeting at Booster Juice. Dan and I took advantage of the warm weather and went on a walk before we picked up Bob and Tasha to go out to their parent's for Sunday dinner. Dan dropped me off at home around 7:30, I swung by Graeme and Olivia's new apartment and then spent the evening applying the first coat of paint to both spare rooms. (Still need roommates!)

I'm enjoying having the house to myself. Things stay clean and as I left them, not mentioning that I can take a shower and not bother with a towel on my way back to my bedroom! I just wish I could afford to do this for a few months! Not going to happen but its tempting to stay completely broke and have this independence.

Although I don't feel like I have an exciting life, pretty normal actually, my month is pretty packed with commitments and events. This weekend is K's birthday party and Marcia wanted to go to one of the Winnipeg Comedy Festival shows this week (still not sure which one). Next week my mother is in town for meetings, Davide's birthday is Friday and Dan's father's is on Sunday. The 24th we are going with Dan's parents to the Winnipeg Symphony's Lord of the Ring's Symphony and that weekend we are all planning on driving out to Melita to visit family for the day. Then from the 27th to the 30th Ashley will be in town. And the month just started so I'm sure I'll be scheduling other things.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I thought we were going to Melita for the weekend?

Guider Carmen said...

Yeah, but since we are leaving Sunday morning I just said 'visiting for the day' sorry to confuse you