Tuesday, August 12, 2008

False Bravodo

I don't understand why people rely on the ambiguity of emails when stating their issues.

This weekend there was a mix up with a drive our limo was booked for and the customer was very upset when they left voice messages on the cell that I don't answer after hours, so I didn't receive until yesterday. I fully accept the fact that I screwed up. I phoned the customer, apologized profusely and explained how the mix up happened. They both seemed satisfied with my explaination and were quite pleasent with me. I had even passed on my other cell phone number so they could reach me at any time.

After the conversation I sat done with my boss and said that I screwed up and that I think I should 'quit' this portion of my job because I can not give it the attention it obviously needs. He didn't agree with my assessment and said he doesn't care if a few customers get pissed off and realizes that I'm very busy.

Which is good since we received a long email today from them saying that they believe because of all the 'inconviences' their deposit should be refunded, the contract nulled, their expenses compensated and on top of that a gift certificate given for a restaurant in the city. Way to aim high people!

The thing is why couldn't we have discussed this over the phone when I called & talked to them twice yesterday. Not to mention that they've developed other "inconveinces" while they were writing the email. Things that had not come up until now. Things that weren't even our fault but they twisted it to sound like it was.

I just think its interesting that people find it easier to confront someone when they aren't looking them in the face, or even talking to them. That issues come to front that you weren't even aware were there. I'm guilty of falling into this trap when its presented to me. Rather then call someone right away I'll email back a response and I realize this doesn't help a situation but I think that its sad that people feel it necessary to use the written word when outlining problems.

No comments: