Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Sunday at 9:00pm Davide met with the buyers and handed over our keys, after a final walk around. After eight years of living in that house I will no longer be able to enter it. Seems a little bitter sweet. I'm happy that I'm living with Dan now but I think I'll miss the house even with all its flaws.

Now we have to wait a few weeks for the money to make its way into Marcia and Davide's account and then transfer Graeme and my portions into our accounts. I'm trying to be patient but knowing that the money is so close and I could pay off my credit cards and loan from my mother, I find it hard to wait. Don't really have a choice though.

As for the rest of my long weekend, it wasn't long enough...

Friday: Introducing the Cats to Each Other

After working 'til 6pm I went to the house, packed up Jack & Elliot, along with their things, and moved them into Dan's place (our place). We decided to introduce them gradually to the house and Ryu and currently they are living in the laundry room and spare bedroom, separated from Ryu. On Monday we put a rag with their scent beside Ryu's food and vice versa for Jack & Elliot. This apparently gets them to associate the scent of the other cat with a positive thing. Tonight we are going to put Ryu in the computer room for approximately an hour & let Jack and Elliot out during this time to investigate the rest of the house. Later this week we'll open the door between them enough for them to see each other but not enough to get through. Once they are able to pass it with out wanting to attack then we will do supervised 'visitations'. Possibly this weekend or next week.

Ryu's has been very good since Saturday, hissed abit on Friday, but Jack and Elliot are still alittle unsure of everything and will hiss when we open the door to get in and out over their rooms and they see Ryu. All and all its going well and we are happy that it isn't nearly as dramatic as we thought it might be.

Saturday: Marla & Chris's Wedding

Another Gall Family wedding so needless to say there was alot of family around. Hopefully Dan wasn't too overwhelmed as this was the first time he met most of them. The ceremony to place at the St. Norbert's Monastery Ruins. The weather was great and the ceremony beautiful. I loved that she chose a dress with straps and different from the usual corset bodice and big skirt. Although those dresses are beautiful, everyone seems to choose them lately so it was nice to see something different.

The reception was held at the Clarion, where the majority of the family had rooms booked. Very pretty and lots of fun dancing and talking with everyone.

Sunday: Finalized my Move

I had to wake up early and was at the house for 9:30am to finish my packing & do a finally clean up. After an hour I realized that there was no way I could do it myself in time and called Dan to help me carry the heavier things out. He brought his mother along and we were able to get the majority of the stuff into my Ranger and his car. After dropping of that load I went back and put the rest (turned out to be another full load) into my ranger and finished cleaning on my own. By 4:00pm I was back at our place and all the boxes unloaded.

It was ridiculously humid though and I swear I must have got heat stroke because I was on the verge of crying in frustration and falling over in exhaustion at the end but after a glass of water & a shower I was good to go.

We had invited my parents to stay the night in our spare room so they didn't have to stay at the hotel another night, and also asked Dan's to come over for dinner as they had yet to meet my father since he hadn't come down to city the last time that my mother did. Since I was busy all day we ordered pizza which worked out fine.

I ended the night with episodes of Monty Python with Dan & my parents & the movie Sleep Hollow.

Monday: Relaxing

Dan and I woke up at a decent time but rather then being productive I plopped down on the couch to play Zuma & drink coffee while Dan cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed but at lunch we switched spots and I cleaned out the fridge, kitchen cupboards, did the dishes & unpacked a few boxes before making sitting down to reread the first novel of a trilogy I like.

And that's about it for my weekend. It didn't feel long enough and I wasn't to excited to be back at work yet. Tomorrow university starts up for me again. Two courses this semester, Stats & Professional Style & Editing. Monday & Wednesday nights which means I miss Bones' 2hour premiere tomorrow:(

No comments: