Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Not much to update. Friday Dan and I met Melissa and Tyler for pizza at Casa Grande and then over to another friend's (Derek and Andrea) to see their new house that they had built in the Sage Creek development off Lag. Its very nice. They chose to upgrade their cabinets to a cherry colored wood and silver handles which I think makes it stand out more.

Apparently Dan thinks building a new house is the way to go but, OMG, not cheap! I was looking through the Parade of Homes flyer and a Style Winnipeg Magazine and some of the developers are listing there STARTING price at $390000 for a two bedroom,1800sq' bungalow.

I like the idea of building a home to suit your personality and also not having to worry about the continuous repairs and maintenance an old home (like our place on Warsaw that was over a hundred years old!) but if I'm paying over a quarter of a million for a mortgage then I want my place to offer a little more privacy then these develops are and also incorporate a "zero energy" design.



On Saturday I went into work to move my office and help Tara move into mine. We had Dim Sum for lunch. In the evening Dan was at the Bad Religion concert and I watched Made of Honor with K. Sunday had me up early again so that I could get to St. Vital for my Booster Juice staff meeting and later we headed over to Dan's parents for supper. Nothing too exciting but a nice weekend never the less.

Tonight I am not at Booster Juice training so I hope to unpack a few more boxes downstairs but I'm also making supper for three as Graeme has promised to come over tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

send me a link to that house so I can get a better look at it please:)

Guider Carmen said...

Ah but I'm one step ahead of you! I hyperlinked "zero energy" to the site:)