Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School

Today's the first day of what will hopefully be my last year of university and my business degree (aka BA of Administrative Studies...sounds like I'm a professional secretary!!! Okay I basically am but thats not what this degree is! Of course they changed the name two years ago to BA of Business and Adminstration but it requires a few different courses that I don't have right now so I'll stick with the Admin Studies title...but I digress).

With Dan here to nag me daily I find it unlikely that I'll get away with procrastinating like I usually do or dropping the course.

The plan is to apply for the CMA accelerated program next year to qualify to take the entrance exam and than after 8 months of that I'll take the exam and hopefully get into the CMA Strategic Learning Program (another two years with work experience). After thats said and down I'll have my Ceritfied Management Accountant designation and be able to move my salary up at least 20k annually.

Ideally I would like to branch off into my own consulting company by then but I have about 4 years to figure out a business plan for that and all of the logistics involved.

No comments: