Recently my life has consisted of one deadline after another so I apologize for my lack of communication with everyone.
Work without K has definitely been different. Wednesday was Sue and her last day, which made it feel like a Friday so I felt weird going to work the next two days. Like I should have been relaxing at home.
I did manage to complete my GST remittances by 6:30pm Wednesday which meant I wasn't stuck at the office as late as I thought I would be. I waited 'til 11:00pm to drop it off in the night drop slot though as I was visiting with Ashley. It was funny because there was already a line of people doing the same thing and more driving up as it was also the Personal Income Tax deadline. I think its crazy how many people put that off until the last moment, I file mine as soon as I have all my paper work. Granted I get a refund every year where these people could be having to pay, so what's their rush?
Thursday was the first day with out the girls in the office and a new dispatcher and 51% owner of the courier side of my job started. I was already busy with other paperwork so I was happy that I wasn't pulled into to much of the dispatching end of things. They managed to get through the day relatively well and I'm finding it very easy to work with this new owner. Friday wasn't as smooth but I still managed to keep at arms length. I almost have my 2008 files set up and filed & boxed all of my '07 paperwork! I'm looking forward to having a relatively clean desk at the end of Monday.
Friday night Dan and I met up with Tyler & Melissa for dinner at Tony Roma's and then made our way over to Walmart where Dan finally decided to buy RockBand! We went back to his place, set it up and I watched everyone else play the guitar, drums and sing. I'm thinking my lack of participation got Dan thinking that it really WOULD be a good idea to have a second guitar so we picked one up Saturday evening and the two of us played for a few hours before bed. Very fun.
Before buying the guitar on Saturday, I was at Good Guys from 11 - 3pm helping Hugh, Teddy & Summer work through how they were going to setup the invoicing and purchase order system this year with the different 'partners'. I left at 3 to get ready for Dan to pick me up before 4 so that we could meet Tyler & Melissa at Famous Players to watch Iron Man (loved it!), then we drove past their new house (they don't take posetion til June so we just set in our cars and pointed, probably causing the current owners to wonder what the hell was going on when they looked out their window)and back to their current residences where Dan and Tyler played video games, Melissa and I looked through their wedding pictures, and we ordered pizza (yum).
Now I'm waiting for Dan to finish shaving so that we can eat breakfast and continue to play RockBand.
I LOVE a relaxing weekend.
*On a side note I NEED to book another appointment with Shelley as my neck is killing me!
No comments:
Post a Comment