Since the possibility of selling the house in fall is about a 90% sure thing I been going over what I'll be doing in September.
Ideally my portion of the profits will be enough to pay off a large chunk of my debt and still have enough that I can throw into a RRSP portfolio to start me off. I figure I can then continue a bi-weekly direct deposit into it. Something I had tried to do before but had to drain when I got into my current financial situation and never seem to have enough to start it up again.
So now I need to start researching the best option for who will manage my portfolio. Does anyone have a referral? I'm trying to figure out if I should go with a private firm that has financial advisers or with a bank. On top of that I need to figure out what Mutual Funds, GICs and bonds that I would invest in. Fun stuff.
I also filled out the paperwork to get my group benefits insurance (life, health & dental) started today. Fours months after I started here! I should really make an appointment to setup my renter's insurance since I'm being so responsible right now but I'm sure I'll put that off for the time being.
If my calculations are right and I stay 'responsible' I should be debt free by 2011 although I would love it to be sooner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment