Warm up on Bike:
- 10 minutes Level3
- 5 minutes Level 20, lowered seat, with water in mouth
- 5 minutes Level 3 "Lance" - standing up with arms resting on the handle bars, think Lance Armstrong on the Tour de France. (Something was up with my right knee today, after 30 seconds it would feel pinched to the point of that I wanted to cry. I stopped and retried 3 times before I gave up. Don't know what I did, perhaps I twisted it during my walk last night or during my Monday workout's lunges)
Group workout (everyone did the same thing today):
- 2 sets/20 reps - "Flamingo" (Stand with hands straight up, balance on your right leg. Bend over with arms still straight out above head and bring your left leg straight out behind you. Then straighten out again still balancing on right leg. Repeat for 20. Switch legs repeat for 20 - This is one set, do it again!)
- 3/30 - "Sit Fit" (Sit on a half exercise ball with your legs elevated and bent at 90 degrees in front of you , balancing with your arms straight out in front of you, pull your legs toward your body. Don't fall! Repeat for 30, rest. Do this 3 times. - I'm still struggling with my balance and completing a full set with out falling over, I can do about 10 before I wobble
- 3/1min - Bench Crunch (Laying on the bench lift the Olympic bar up, don't move your arms now just keep holding the bar up, while you do crunches for a minute. Stop/rest. Do it for 3 sets - My arm strength is still lacking so I had to use the lighter bar with no weight.
- 2/Failure - "Temple" - I've explained what this was last time. I managed 1 minute each time before my thighs started to burn and my arms felt week.
- 3/30 - Roman Shoulders* I think this is what it was called ( sit on the edge of a bench, holding dumbbells with your arms up by your head bent at 90 degrees and your legs bent and pulled up to your body, extend your arms straight up and your legs straight out, pull back in. Repeat for 30, rest. Do 3 times)
- 500 feet on Jake - Timed (Jacob's Ladder is a ladder that is on a treadmill, as you walk up the rungs the tread moves, the higher up you walk the faster it goes. On my first attempt during the fitness test I did 11 minutes with a rest, my second attempt was on a week into my training and I did about the same. This time I did it in 9.5mins with NO stops. I wanted to die but I did it.)
- 3/3mins Crunches - Just plain old crunches but you do it for 3 minutes straight and the rest. Do 3 sets. Ideally you should have your legs elevated and bent at a 90degree angle, after a minute this doesn't work for me so I have them bent but on the ground and keep on with the crunches.
That's it for today. My abs will probably ache tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment