Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Time flies



Well last Saturday Dan and I celebrate our ONE YEAR anniversary. Who would have thought that we would be living together already?! Definitely not Dan! We went for supper at Hu's on First and then spent the night at the Fort Garry Hotel. Very romantic. Even playing Blockus and Set was intimate, considering we've never played board games by ourselves before. I got to see another side of Dan when he got frustrated with Set, "I'm NOT playing anymore" was said at least four times during the game. Luckily I thought this was humorous and not annoying. The Sunday Brunch was included in our package and was absolutely delicious.

Other random events since my last posting...
- Mom and Marcia are coming down for a few days tomorrow.
- Almost completely done my Christmas shopping! Very happy. And have even started on my craft portion of the gifts.
- My old boss called me out of the blue last week just to tell me that I am awesome. He was cleaning up files and saw some reports that I'd created and he just wanted to call and say that he 'appreciated' me. How nice is that?
- With the impending recession I have been informed by my current employer that my job is safe. Not something some of my colleagues are finding out about theirs unfortunately...which means a few more responsibilities will be falling on my shoulders soon.
- While driving my boss's truck two weekends ago, I woke up to find that someone attempted to steal it Sunday night and had damaged the lock and ignition. Thankfully they weren't successful but it pissed me off. It's going to cost MPI $1100 to fix it. Stupid kids.

No comments: