Friday, November 7, 2008

Winter has come to Winnipeg

Well yesterday's unwanted hail/rain & slushie roads have been covered with a blanket of snow this morning and there is apparently more to come.

Aside from the fact that it took me an extra 20minutes to get to work this morning, cleaning off the truck & scrapping the windshield clear, and then driving slowly to the office hoping that I didn't hit a patch of ice and jackknife the Ranger into another vehicle, things aren't that bad. It wasn't that cold out and I think things always look beautiful covered in snow.

Now I'm even more in the Christmas spirit. Love it:)

I picked up Martha Stewart's Holiday magazine and am very excited about starting some crafts and baking for Christmas gifts this year. First stop is the craft store this weekend for beads and wire.

On a completely different note, I just finished Stephenie Meyers Twilight. It took me a while to actually sit down and read it because I was unsure that a novel in the YOUNG ADULT genre could do the vampire mythology justice but let me say that I was NOT disappointed! I loved it and now NEED to pickup the next three ASAP! I also really want to see the movie and how they capture the characters. I'm thinking of going November 21st, opening night, and am HOPING someone...K...will join me.

No comments: