Yesterday I spent the afternoon shopping! As a bonus my boss gave me the afternoon off and sent me with a 'personal shopper' (a friend of his that is in the fashion retail industry) to buy myself some new clothes with the company credit card. And we didn't even spend all the money he allocated so I get to go again soon!
So far I've gotten a pair of new black heeled boots, a black pant suit, a grey pencil skirt & blazer (wearing it right now), a purple blouse & a black knit short sleeved top. Wonderful.
This weekend I spent my Friday evening at Gimli's Misty Lake Lodge on a work retreat. Most of our time was spent in a conference room working on improving the work flow and moral of the company. We did break in the evening to drink and hang out at the pool & hottub but I called it a night at 12:30 as I needed to be in the conference room at 6am to get ready for everyone else who were suppose to show up at 7am. The majority of the staff weren't as responsible and showed up late and hung over. Don't understand why mature adults act ridiculous when presented with free alcohol. We were with coworkers and our bosses, you would think they wouldn't want to embarrass theirselves. I was wrong with that assumption.
Dan, along with his brother, mother and aunt, started painting the dining room on Saturday while I was still in Gimli. It looks great. I just have to finish the trim on the windows and some touch ups around the ceiling and then we can set everything up so that its ready for the new dining set to arrive. Excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment