Christmas went over very well this year despite the potential chaos of combining multiple families commitments.
My parents and grandmother stayed at Dan's parents' in Lockport, Graeme at our place and Marcia and Davide at Davide's parents.
I made Christmas eve dinner at my place for my parents, grandma, Graeme, & Dan's family, with the addition of Dan's cousin Kurt, who Dan invited to stay a few hours before. We managed to squeeze 11 people around our dining table which sits 8 people comfortably.
The menu:
Cranberry Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
Orange-Cranberry Sauce
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Whiskey Glazed Carrots
Lutefisk & Lefse - the Norwegian portion of the night
Rhubarb Cheesecake - Elaine's contribution.
I think it went over very well.
We opened the Kaethler side of gifts that night. Dan got me a hair straightener, not expecting that as he said he wasn't going to get it for me as it wasn't a 'cool' gift, but I'm happy to get it.
I also got a Food Processor (Yes!) from Tasha & Bob and a new pillow from Elaine & John among other things.
Christmas Morning was at my place as well where my side opened our stockings and gifts.
My parents got me a beautiful runner for my dinning table as well as a bowl that was my mother's and she made a beautiful arrangement in side of it. Marcia and Davide got me a much needed sports bra/tank (Thank you) as well as a very comfortable shirt that I've worn all weekend. Graeme overspent and got me a mini Kuireg coffee maker, which I wanted for my office. SOOOOO Excited! Basically I got everything that I wanted. Thank you:)
I made waffles for breakfast and prepared a French Turnip dish for dinner at Dan's parents.
Dan got the first 4 seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm from my family so we started watching that before we left for the Kaethlers for Christmas Dinner which was delicious.
Boxing Day I had friends over for brunch and exchanged gifts with K. She got me Ramekins, mini bread trays, a colander and a serving platter. Loved them:) We later went to Davide's parents for dinner which again was delicious.
The next day Tyler & Melissa had us over for brunch and we played one of the new board games they got, Smallworlds. And some how, Dan, who sucks at learning new games because he doesn't listen to instructions, won! I figure it was basically a group effort for Tyler, Melissa and I that resulted in the win as we continued to tell him what to do each turn. Good game though.
New Year's Eve we are having friends over for take out from Delicious and planning more of the games we got.
Basically I've eaten very well!
No comments:
Post a Comment