It's nothing new when I say my job is a busy one, that I'm pulled in a multiple directions on any given time but recently I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and my work load just gets bigger and bigger.
My personal life isn't much better and Dan's decided to be a jerk about it, saying that I don't do anything and is "mad at me" so I've decided to be immature about this one aspect and I'm going to give him what he 'wants'...a housekeeper, which means no sex, no 'us time', just me cleaning and cooking and being an employee. Sounds stupid but I'm pissed off.
I've been very busy at work, staying late every night. Its a good day when I'm home by 6:30, which I then need to make dinner (because Dan doesn't do kitchen duty). I also have homework at least two nights a week and then every other weekend I'm stuck in class for the entire day and don't get home until 5:00.
This weekend, my weekend off, is spent working the Wonderful Wedding Show and trying to find enough time on Saturday to drive to Shilo so I can see Kristin & Jim's baby boy, as well as a concert Friday night with K & my sister. I'm still helping out Good Guys on Thursdays (I took a three week break for the holidays but I'm back at it - I know I should put an end to this but its harder then it looks!) and I'm out of the house at 6:30am Monday, Wednesday, Friday for my workouts with the trainers at Elite. So I'm sorry that the few hours I have available at home each week I'm not running around cleaning!
Unlike Dan who has a consistent schedule. He wakes up at 5:40am, gets ready for work, feeds the cats & cleans their litter before he leaves at 7:15am for work. It's a rare day when he doesn't leave work at 4:30. Tuesdays & Thursdays he stops at the Y to work out so he's home by 6:00 those nights, other wise he's at the house by 5:00pm. He feeds the cats if he beats me home (which is almost every day now), cleans their litter and takes a shower. He eats the dinner I make and then chooses between playing video games or watching a DVD. Once a week he'll through a load of laundry in. Then on weekends he does the vacuuming, cleans the bathroom and finishes any laundry that needs to be done, aside from going to the gym some time during the day, shaving on Sundays and dinner at his parents, or if I've made plans with friends for us to do something, he's free to play video games all weekend long. Is it any wonder that he gets more done around the house?!
Don't get me wrong, I love that he contributes as much as he does. So many women talk about how their boyfriend/husband does nothing but watch sports or play video games. Not him. But what pisses me off is that he expects me to be able to keep up with him on the chore end of things, ignoring the fact that I have less 'home time' then him. When the f@*^ does he expect me to do this?
Last night Alan had asked me to go with him to a movie, and since I rarely see him I said yes. Dan was pissy when he got home because the dishes weren't done so he put them in the dishwasher (I called on my way to the theater to make sure he had something to eat and got to listen to what a terrible person I was, whatever). So on my way home I decided I should take a day off to really clean the house, kinda like a Valentine's Day gift, as I was feeling guilty that I don't help out as much. So basically I was in a good mood. I even decided that I would make a 'move' since apparently he's the only one that does. When I got home he was playing a the video game I hate (surprisingly its the only one and that is because the voice acting annoys the hell out of me), we had a pleasant talk and then I made a 'move' or what ever you want to call it and his response was 'no, he wanted to beat this level'. Excuse me!? To which I said I was done, who says no to sex because they'd rather play a video game!? He then said he was also mad at me, even though at the end of our phone conversation earlier he said he really wasn't mad.
So basically I gave him the cold shoulder for the rest of the night, cleaned the kitchen and bedroom and went to bed. I anticipate doing this for the next few days. I also anticipate him being stupid and not realize what I'm doing but I'm too annoyed to actually communicate properly with him.
Oh love....
No comments:
Post a Comment