Monday, November 2, 2009

Deception

I decided to buy a cheap scale from Superstore on Friday so that I could see whether I lost any weight since I've been going to Elite for a month now. When I got home I set it up and stepped on it naked (I was about to take a shower). Now I had just eaten Philly Cheese Steak sandwich & half of the spinach dip and chips that we ordered at Kelsey's (it was my cheat night), plus some Halloween candy that we had just picked up so I was expecting the scale to reflect that but what I wasn't expecting was to read 175lbs when I stood on it! Apparently after my month of dieting and working out hard 3 times a week had done nothing or perhaps I should say it did the opposite as I gained 5lbs, that or I put on A LOT of muscle!

Basically I figured this had to be wrong and Dan agreed so he stepped on it next and apparently in 2 weeks since he was weighed by the nurse that came to our house for his insurance health check and came in at 175lbs (yes he weighed only 5lbs more then me...I'm fat...end of story), he gained 10lbs as it read 185lbs.

So the scale is crap and we are returning it. Apparently cheap isn't always a good option.

I'm figuring that if it was off by 10lbs for Dan it's about the same for me so I'm at approximately 165lbs now. I've lost 5lbs. Not amazing since I'd like to get to the 140lb point sooner then 6months but a hell of a lot better then what my fat ass was at the beginning of October!

Today's workout was a Bike day, and I forget half of the routine so I guess all you get to know was that I was on the bike for 70 minutes, and then to top it off 10 minutes on the treadmill, incline 15% and speed 1.9 doing lunges. I was sweating A LOT today.

Fun, fun:)

No comments: