
Last year I converted my VISA Classic card to a VISA Infinite Aeroplan card for a $120/annual fee. Because I received signing bonus points I quickly had enough points (27000 pts) to fly to BC in May 2008 for my cousin's wedding. Something I overwise wouldn't have been able to afford.
This year I've accumulated more then enough points to fly Dan & myself to Toronto in August (30000 pts) because I run all of my major expenses through this card (the University of Winnipeg FINALLY decided to accept credit cards last fall) but also pay it off every month so I'm not stuck paying interest, which would have voided any saves I could make on the tickets.
Next year another cousin of mine is getting married (there are twenty of us so I figure this will go on every year for the next few years) in Edmonton so I want to be able to fly Dan & myself there. I just checked on the points so I could make sure I accumulated enough (not really worried since I have 12 months) and found out it will be 50000 points for the two of us! How is a two hour flight to Toronto cost 15000/person but to Edmonton it costs 25000/person! Oh well its still better then spending $600/person on a plane ticket and flying allows us more time to visit with family rather then driving for 13 hours one way.
2 comments:
Did you check Westjet? I was looking earlier this month and you can fly to Edmonton for $90/person, and even with fees it wouldn’t be anywhere near the $600/person mark I don’t think. Perhaps I’m wrong, but I hope not. Why wouldn’t you just drive to Edmonton? Its not really that long of a drive? Just to nag
Dan whines when we drive...he is definitely NOT a roadtrip guy. Driving to Brandon is his limit, add just one more hour (Reston MB) and he's whining. The Pas trips are SO MUCH FUN.
So if my points will get me to Edmonton in 2 hours then I'm all over it!
:)
Post a Comment