Monday, June 15, 2009

One of those days

My coffee lid wasn't on right this morning and I spilt coffee all over my brand new WHITE skirt. I'm currently using my Tide To Go pen like a crazy person.

A coworker requested that I book a flight for a candidate for next week and assured me that there were no issues. That I fly him in Monday and fly him out Friday. I booked the ticket, forwarded the confirmation of said purchased ticket, and then get a message from her that the day was wrong. That I need to change it. Change a flight costs $100-150, a cost that we can't submit to our client for reimbursement. I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed that I can't be completely annoyed with said coworker as she was more a messenger and I can't say anything to the decision maker on this change as he's a senior member of the company.

What the fuck!?

I settled on telling her that for future bookings please email all requests for bookings to myself and said senior member, request his confirmation via email before I do anything. This way its not a he said, she said bullshit. But really, I shouldn't have to tell someone this! This should be obvious.

I'm pissed off right now so I'm purposely ignoring the fact that I'm made mistakes before where I relied on verbal confirmation and didn't back it up with an email so things didn't get done but I don't want to think about that right now. I just want to be annoyed.

Then I'm delegated the task of figuring out a way to rent cars for candidates and other tedious work. My desk is a mess and I don't want to do anything.

It's definitely one of those days

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Have you read "The Time Travellers Wife"? I started it on the weekend, its really good I think you would like it.

Luscious said...

Well, the policies (BPF's actually - Basic Policy Framework) of Nygård have come through again. We have a system through our travel department (consisting of 2 guys in Toronto who work from home) that books travel through a series of approvals, confirmations and booking requests Ergo? No mistakes, no cost to associate or company :)