I'm frustrated with myself. I have talked about making changes with my life too many times to count and yet I feel that nothing ever sticks. I've spent a fortune on getting myself healthier and yet I'm still 35lbs over weight. I'm also still carrying debt, working on my degree and a numerous other things I had planned on completing or doing are still on the back burner. I asked for a sewing machine for my birthday, got it, and now it sits in the dinning room unopened...one month later. Ugh...
I need to schedule my life and stick to it.
Currently a day in the life of me looks something like this:
5:45am - Dan's alarm goes off, I'm awake but choose to lay in bed...usually fall back asleep
7:15am - Dan leaves for work, I'm awake but again choose to stay in bed telling myself that I'll get up in 15mins.
8:00am - I stare at the alarm clock, listening to the radio, still in bed
8:10am - finally drag myself out of bed, rush to get ready for work.
8:20am - Leave the house, knowing that I'm going to be late for work.
8:45am - arrive at work, late...justify that I'll just stay later so it doesn't matter.
5:30-6pm - leave work, not interested in going to the gym as its 'late'
6:00pm - make supper, hang out with Dan/watch a movie or read for awhile
9:00pm - get bored and go to bed.
WTF! I'm sleeping almost 11hrs a day or doing other pointless stuff. Don't get me wrong, some days I'm at evening classes, working at Good Guys (on Thursday evenings) or filling a shift at Booster Juice so I am somewhat productive but it still feels like a waste.
What I WANT my schedule to look like:
5:45am - Dan's alarm goes off - stay in bed for 15mins well he uses the bathroom and feeds the cats
6:00am - Get out of bed, have breakfast with Dan and get ready for the day
6:30am - Leave for the gym and work.
6:45am - Work out at the Y downtown
7:45am - Shower at the Y and get ready for work
8:00-8:30am - Start work
12:00pm - lunch - once a week walk to the 2nd hand book store & trade books.
5:00 pm - Finish work
6:00 pm - Make dinner & then clean up the kitchen - not leaving it til the next day.
7:00 pm - Start working on projects/crafts - use my sewing machine....
9:00 pm - Go to bed, read if I'm not tired for at least an hour.
Not really an exciting schedule but it would make a huge difference to my life and now I just need to figure out how I can make it work. I envy people that can stick to routines, people like Dan. I might tease them and think them boring but really I'm completely jealous. I want that structure. I'm tired of my scattered lifestyle.
Lets see if I can do this tomorrow.
1 comment:
I've been in this rut also. Sleeping way too much but still being so tired even after a day of sitting at a desk. The difference for me - exercise. It's SO HARD to push yourself to do it but once you get into it for a bit, then THAT will be your routine.
I'm striving for the same thing right now, I'll keep you posted.
Post a Comment