Monday, January 5, 2009

The holidays end...

I have had an amazingly relaxing holiday this year. Dan and I decided to take our holidays starting Christmas Eve rather then Christmas so that we could leave early in the morning for our quick visit in The Pas and not have to drive in the dark. We were both happy to find the roads in go conditions both ways.

From Christmas Eve to Boxing Day we stayed at my parent's, ate a lot of delicious food and basically just relaxed. Christmas brought a lot of gifts for all of us. Loved all of mine. Dan bought me a beautiful watch and my family went together to give me a KITCHENAID MIXER!!!

So excited to start using it. I set it up this week and had a photo shoot. Marcia and I also decided to make each other gifts. I made her a calendar with a picture frame and ceramic tiles (from Martha), the glue didn't agree with the cold on the trip up and all my mom had was a glue gun so the weight of the tiles made two of the metal rows fall down so you'll have to just look at the picture my sister posted on her blog of the one from Martha...it looks almost identical. Marcia made me a gorgeous purse...love the pleating.

Marcia, Davide, Graeme & I gave Mom & Dad money towards their trip to Portugal and I made this picture to go along with it.



Dan seemed very surprised and happy to find out that his gift from me was the Lord of the Rings replica sword.

Before I left for The Pas I actually spent the previous weekend baking so that I had gifts to give friends and family and I am very happy with the results. I made Pecan Clusters, Winter Bark, Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies, Peppermint Marshmallows & Fruit infused alcohol (Pineapple Vanilla infused Rum & Cranberry Orange Vodka)

No comments: