I am fully aware that Halloween hasn't passed yet but I'm already thinking about Christmas. Specifically shopping and what to give/make for gifts this year. I blame Costco as it already has gift baskets and decorations out.
Perhaps its early but I am not happy that I don't know what I'm buying the majority of people I give gifts too.
Dan's has been picked, along with stocking stuffer ideas, for months now. As well as his brother's and my parent's. Dan and I have also decided to borrow my mother's idea of a personalize digital photo frame and make up a few slide shows for Dan's mother. As for his dad's gift he takes him to Princess auto and buys what ever he wants so I figure I'll just chip in there. But that still leaves me clueless for Marcia, Davide, Graeme & Tasha! Not to mention friends. Ughhhh.
I've decided that I'm going to make gift baskets/bags of baking and possibly crafts this year as I have coworkers and some friends that I want to give something to. This part should be fun. I invision an assembly line. Just need a few recipes for christmas cookies and such.
As for the actually Christmas day, I don't know what I'm doing yet. Dan bulked at the idea of spending it away from his parents as I did at the idea of spending it away from mine but I don't want to do christmas seperated so we are going to have to come to some sort of compromise and I'm thinking its going to be me 'compromising'. Aside for missing Christmas day, going up boxing day and spending a few days through the weekend and into new years makes more sense logistically but then I will miss visiting with my sister as they plan to come to Winnipeg to visit Davide's family for that time. Why can't this be easy! If flying wasn't SOOOOOO expensive I'd be up for flying there during Christmas but I doubt that's an option.
No comments:
Post a Comment