Tuesday, June 10, 2008

When Money's Tight...Like Now

It seems when ever my cash flow slows to a near stop I tend to do the same things...

1. Log in and out of my bank account online through out the day. Just in case something has changed or I missed how I could have access to alittle more money sooner.

2. Try to think of new ways I could make "a little extra" even though I know I don't have the time!

3. Start raiding my cupboards and eating all the food that I thought was gross or dull only a month prior. Tonight's menu will probably consist of pasta or potatoes, some frozen vegetables and something to bring it all together...Yum

4. Reminisce on all the stupid mistakes I've made in the past to get me where I am now.
a. Shapes membership (after 2 months my monthly fee turned into a 'donation')
b. Curves membership (same shit, different pile)
c. Becoming a Mary Kay consultant, buying inventory and then never bothering to book any parties.
d. Signing up to become a Mary Kay consultant a SECOND time, when I became inactive from not making any sales, and buying ALOT more inventory that went unsold and I gradually gave away to people for free.
e. Lifemates...yes I went on dates but never any second ones so seriously people!(I won't list eHarmony as I did meet Darryl :P and Dan through them)
f. U Weight Loss - mistake being that I didn't cancel when I stopped going and lost out on at least 3 months refunded!
g. Multiple Consolidation Loans over the past 7 years and I STILL have my credit cards maxed! Hello!?!


Yup I'm a very smart cookie. So that's what is going on in my life right now. Exciting no?

5 comments:

Marcia said...

I think I saw a Norwex cheque in your mail!

Luscious said...

Sigh, I know. Believe me, I know.
Just remember that you have Dan. That's worth more than money.
And what I have to think is that there are people out there who have been dealt a much shittier hand than I have....but still, it's hard to see the ups. All I can do is hope that I'll get mine when the time is right.

Mrs. Bouvier said...

I laughed when I read this because I honestly could have wrote that! I do all of those things...plus make spreadsheets to be even more obsessive!

Guider Carmen said...

I forgot about the spread sheets! I love my spreadsheets. Times like this I revamp them over and over and try to figure out how I could "save" more with out making more. We should swap:)

Oh and on a plus side for me, Norwex paid me $20 more then I was expecting! Rich! I'm rich:)

Mrs. Bouvier said...

you should add blogger ads to your blog...you could also make extra cash that way!