In no particular order, 30 things I want to do before 30:
*Since I turned 28 today I figured I would see if I made any progress on my list I created in January 2009
1) Graduate University! Done!
2) Increase my salary by at least $10k -Done!
3) Get engaged-Still working on it…
4) Get married!-well see above
5) Finish my CMA certification-about to take my entrance exam in June
6) Travel to Scotland-not yet
7) Have at least one baby – Ha! See above
8) Start a garden in the backyard – attempted in 2009, plants didn’t make it out of the containers and wilted on my deck. Trying again this year!
9) Renovate our kitchen...it needs to be bigger – getting there; we decided to make a bathroom downstairs first
10) Buy a cruiser bicycle...with a basket! -Done!
11) Pay off all of my student line of credit and consolidation loan.-Scheduled date is December 2010! Gotta stay on track!
12) Eat healthier - Farm fresh, local, free range.- ummmm yeah, working on this.
13) Get to my IDEAL body size - currently 135lb is my goal – Well I’ve been going to Elite for 5 months now, 5 days a week! But I’m still working on dropping the pounds, down about 10lbs and quite a few inches. Working on it.
14) Buy a new (used) vehicle - preferably a hybrid or an extremely fuel efficient one- I’ve convinced Dan that we should get a CR-V this year, now I just need to find something that isn’t a fortune.
15) Redecorate our living room - NEW sofa set.-Decided to have Elaine redo the existing sofa’s coverings, she is half way done.
16) Have a homemade Christmas – Ummmmm, where is the time?
17) Find a DIY hobby that I enjoy – Ummmmm…again?
18) Read Lord of the Rings Trilogy (11 years after my bet with Alan) – Yeah still not done.
19) Start trading in used books – I’ve lost interest in this…They aren’t worth anything.
20) Have our three cats get along rather then live separately – Ha! Why did I think I could control this? We are at a point that they will sit in the same room and not kill each other, SO LONG as Dan or I holds Ryu.
21) Run in a marathon again – Planning on doing it this June…
22) Successfully plan a wedding on a budget of $15k or less for 200 guests - NOT easy – Well I need to be engaged first…
23) Create my wall of black and white family pictures with the family tree as a background – I’m waiting to get engaged to it doesn’t look ridiculous having Dan’s family beside mine on a family tree…
24) Take a trip somewhere warm in the winter – Maybe next year, Portugal in the summer this year.
25) Start building a profitable RRSP portfolio – Ummm debt first and then retirement savings. I want to by revenue properties for my retirement savings plan now. Mutal funds aren’t that reliable.
26) Figure out how, and write business plan, to start my own business doing what I'm good at - probably some sort of consulting or 'freelance' office administration/accounting – Ummmm this probably WON’T happen ‘til I’m in my 30’s or older.
27) Take a Sustainable Living course in Scotland – One day, still a plan.
28) Start drawing plans for my own sustainable house – Well I’ve given Dan and I 10 years before we move out of our existing home so this won’t be happening until I’m closer to 40
29) Become proficient in Belly Dancing – Meh, maybe one of these days.
30) Be Content.
2 comments:
You really think that the used books aren't worth anything?!I find that the shop in Flin Flon gives you fair trade on the books I trade in, its just that they won't take everything since its a smaller space. I was sad to see that the used book shop down Portage where we used to go is closed down, to bad it was still the best one as far as price goes that i've even been in, the once downtown on Portage I find to be really expensive. Yeah that's my two cents on that one.....sooo sooo bored.....
Wow was that riddled in spelling errors or what I should maybe read these before posting them....
Post a Comment