Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day Dinner

This weekend is mother's day, and although I won't be with my family we will be with Dan's so I've offered to make dinner rather then Elaine, as she usually cooks Sunday dinners for us at her place. We've invited Dan's Nan, aunt, parents, brother & his girl friend.

With the beautiful weather we were experiencing we wanted to take it out to the gazebo but with the crappiness that is outside right now we might have to settle with the dining room.

I've decided to go with a menu of Pulled Pork on a bun, potato salad, coleslaw, & baked beans. Elaine is insisting on bringing a desert so I won't have to worry about that. I think I'm going to stop at the meat mart on Nairn that people have told me is good for the pork shoulder/butt roast rather then depend on Safeway.

I'm excited. I still want to plan a Spring Picnic later in May or the beginning of June and invite family & friends. Still working on a date and budget.

No comments: