Monday, February 23, 2009

Anxiety

It's that time of year again when fiscal year-ends and everything else that needs to be done seems to pile up to the point that I feel like I'm drowning.

On top of that I received one call on Saturday and another on Sunday from my boss about my staff's inefficiency at the store, which worked me up before my scheduled staff meeting Sunday evening. I was frustrated and upset as I feel it's a reflection of my management abilities even though I'm no longer the in store manager.

Sunday I was a mess. Stressed to the point that I felt ill. I took a bath before my meeting to relax and read a Shopaholic novel to escape. I'm annoyed that I took a lot of it out on Dan, who is understanding enough to mark it up as 'nothing personal'. I don't like being the 'bitchy girlfriend'. The meeting went a lot more smoother then I anticipated. Quite truthfully I was worried that I would snap and tell everyone that I feel like I'm being disrespected considering the leniency that I give everyone (as the saying goes "give a little, take a lot"), which would have looked EXTREMELY professional in front of my boss, not to mention that it stills comes down to me not managing effectively. Hopefully things said last night will be the start to a better work environment.

Even with the meeting out of the way I lay awake in bed for over an hour going over everything that I'm not finished but which needs to be done asap.

I hate this feeling. I hate this time of the year. I want to run away from my responsibilities right now but I know that isn't an option.

Why do I like my career again?

No comments: